Saturday, September 17, 2022

Sunday Reading - Pulled Over with the Wife

 

Not been a good few days for me. Whomever bought the 20 or so acres across the gravel road brought in a couple of those top soil grader things and been running em around. Ya know the ones who have like a huge maw in the bottom that they lower down and it chews the top few layers of soil off like a fat guy eating corn off the cob kinda. Only bright spot is they were pulling em around with a couple of big Massy tractors that are about 20 years old I think, so maybe it is a family operation and not going to turn into a new little mini-sub division. 

Not sure what they are up to. I forget the name of those implements but about the only time you see em used around here is if someone if building a levy or wanting to put in a road. Thing is looked to me like they were doing a whole square section not just a road strip. 

Well whatever the worst case scenario is I am sure that is what is happening. I somehow missed those two parcels coming up for sale so now I am just out of luck and no way of stopping it.

Later we ran out of cat food and the cats panic when that happens. They were already begging me to open the stored emergency rations before they all died of starvation. The Mrs. wanted me to drive her (I suspect because she needed gas too) and asked if we could run into the next town over where they still had larger bags we can no longer seem to get larger bags out here now. 

Funny how many things people pick up on a daily basis are beginning to run out faster and longer now isn't it?  It either means things are not being delivered like they used to or in my special case of new idiots moving out here constantly, there are too many people for the infrastructure to handle now. I suspect a bit of both.

On our way home we get in the car and as usual when I am driving with the wife I put my seat belt on before pulling out of the parking space. If I don't the wife does it for me. She actually checked me before we left. This is important.

We are cruising along down an old stretch of highway that had once been a state highway (when I was like 6 maybe) but is now a county highway. Speed limit 35. It has been 35 for probably 45 or 50 years. I just happen to look down and notice I am speeding a bit but not even going 40. Then the cop comes flying out of their normal trap spot that I have not seen one at in quite a while. Certainly not when the unlicensed side by sides are driving around.

I pull over and some kid barely out of diapers comes walking up asking for my license and insurance papers, which I already had in my hand.

I wasn't too worried as I knew I wasn't speeding by enough to matter and the first word out of this kid's mouth is "I want to check your license and Insurance since I had you clocked at going 45 in a 35, but if everything checks out I will just give you a warning". 

Then a pause as I said nothing so he continues. 

"Did you know you were going 45 or were you just not paying attention?"

Now this kid is trying to get me to either admit to speeding which I wasn't doing at 45 MPH or agree that I was not paying attention as he wants to imply so he could claim anything he wants and say I did not know. By my own admission.

My reply was "I know I was not going over 40mph."

At this point the kid get's a huge case of the ass. "Well sir I could give you a ticket blah blah blah". 

Well you and I both know if had me clocked officially he would be writing that ticket up.  

Then this little prick has the nerve to tell me he saw me putting my seat belt on after he began his pursuit.

Even with that bald faced lie my wife is sitting next me telling me I have attitude in my voice and I should not argue with the lying little sack of shit. Even when she knows 100% she made sure I was buckled up before we even left the parking lot. This little prick just wants to get attitude when regular people don't kiss his ass. Just the type of cops most people have been running into for years now and then they wander why people do not want to back them up. 

De-Fund the pricks not like they have ever done anything I would pay for with a smile on my face.

I like when blacks scream about cop racism I just smile and point out they are the same way to everyone black, White or green. Just ego trips with a badge.

I cannot believe my wife was encouraging me to knuckle under when she knew for a fact the cop was lying. I am still pissed at her about it and probably will be for some time. 

Kid never did give me a ticket like I knew he wasn't going to. You can't fight tickets around here anyway unless you want to pay for a lawyer but if he had given me one I would have fought it just to give my side of the story complete with that little pricks lie. I still would have paid but it would have been worth it.

Keep Prepping Everyone!!!

 

3 comments:

  1. disgusting maybe one of those cameras people have in their cars in case of accident but trained on the inside to show speed?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deb - if it becomes a problem I will install one. Haven't seen or heard of any issues in that town in quite some years so I wasn't really geared for that type of thing. The part that really pissed me off was when he tried setting me up with the old not paying attention ploy and flat out lied about the seat belt. Whole time my wife saying I was being unreasonable jeez. She couldn't see this kids face and how mad he got when I refused to play his game either.

      Delete
  2. complain to mayor surely not the first time the idiot has shown his backside without pulling down his pants

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment. We like comments. Sometimes we have even been known to feed Trolls.