Friday, July 15, 2022

What a Week

 

It's been one hell of a Week that's for sure. As the computer chip shortage comes to an end I am being bombarded with shipments of ordered vehicles that have been sitting in some parking lot somewhere for months waiting for the last piece of their puzzle so they can ship em out. I guess the railroad and transport companies hired some more people too. 

New guys of course who don't speak English, can't read it and like to sit inside the new vehicles and run the A/C on their (frequent) breaks so the vehicles arrive out of fuel. 

Add another detail I have to take care of for each vehicle.

The problem is all these vehicles have been sitting for months and accumulating dirt, dings, minor thefts, small and large damages above the dings and any other amount of issues you care to mention plus a fair amount of issues that make you scratch your head as to how or why.

You would be amazed at some of the reading material I have found.

For instance I got a high end vehicle in for a very top end elected official this week (If I said who many of you would recognize the name) that appeared to have had a chain hanging from above on a swivel drug around it scratching and scuffing the paint along the sides, front and back plus also scratching the light lens covers too.  The local guy we use for transport repairs wouldn't touch it due to the circumstances and we had to send it to a more specialized repair shop. 

I spent more time doing paperwork and turning it in this week than I did anything else. Which as hot as it is has been the one bright spot of this week. I got out of the hot parking lot Sun a bit.

Even with longer computer time I am still out in the Sun a lot and by the time I get home all I want to do is sit as still as possible and soak in the AC in peace. Reduce irritating inputs to the lowest level as I recharge my very soul so to speak.

On top of the abnormal damages I also have to check each VIN for length of time it has been stored and shove those of a certain length off for a special cleaning. The sheets of VINS on the list make it about as long as a full copy of "War and Peace"  to cross check with a font size that will make my eyes cross after about 30 minutes.

I had so many topics I wanted to cover this week, starting with the Farmers Protests in Holland that brought an open accusation that the Government admitted they wanted the farmer's land to house refugees. Government speak for new non-White citizens of course. To an article pointing out how encouraging incompetence in our government and other positions has decreased productivity and caused countless other issues. Which fits right in the problems I was experiencing this week.

Something I will point out many of us have seen coming and warned everyone about for decades.

Maybe my batteries will recharge better than the EV crap government wants to force on us this weekend and I can write more later.

Until then Keep Prepping Everyone.

We're gonna need it... Trust me.

 

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing about getting autos back to selling order......what a mess. Would you recommend buying one?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Working at a dealership and not recommending someone buy a vehicle would be like a Feminist demanding planned parenthood close up. I will say we are definitely in a sellers market right now and reports of low selling volume in the news is certainly not because of buyer demand from what I have seen.

      Delete

Leave a comment. We like comments. Sometimes we have even been known to feed Trolls.