Tuesday, November 21, 2023

It Begins


I got an uneasy feeling this weekend that things were not quite as they had once been and certainly not going to be left alone for long. By yesterday is was pretty obvious that some had been given less than pleasant work related news and were already weighing their long term options. My guess is there is going to be serious downsizing on the way soon and a few have a heads up about it.  It feels that way to me too and judging from the deliveries and models I have seen for the first few days of this week I think so too. For yesterday and today, which I rarely get anything on Monday or Tuesdays anymore [I assume to allow time to digest the dumped mess I been getting over the weekends] A number of F150's have been found it seems but nothing else.

Seems like we may be seeing one last big push on vehicles before the end of the year and where I work is getting ready for a very lean time of some duration.

Who knows we may all be foraging like a bunch of North Koreans soon at this rate. I maybe tasting my saved seed corn before I find out how well it grows with the rather dark news of the world it seems.

Seems as many stories of older folks draining retirement accounts and selling off mortgage and debt free property for pennies on the dollar right now as there are stories of people using credit debt to survive these days. I am not ashamed to admit that is has been a long time since I have seen investments perform very well myself. 

Really looks to me that almost all of us have been setup for a slaughter I just hope enough figure it out themselves before it is too late to do anything about it.

I had a visitor out in my hay field last evening in the form of an adult good looking Whitetail buck. He came up close to and was almost inside the Garden fence looking back at me which is odd. I haven't seen a deer up this close in a very long time. I am still digesting what may have spooked him to come up this far but I have an open view for at least a mile or more the way he had come and there has been no new development that direction I have seen and only a very few partially hidden single lot sized (maybe) places besides. So I am not worried about new encroachment yet. Maybe loose dogs like I have seen recently or simply a lack of space these days for him to retreat too. I imagine if I was a deer being hemmed in like they might be now by all these unwashed settlers I might take refuge in an old unused pasture like he did too.

Well they are welcome to it have nothing to fear from me thats for sure. Until the Democrats come by with the bugs to try and force feed me anyway....


Keep Prepping Everyone!!!



4 comments:

  1. As a friend likes to remind me, we are instructed to do all we know to do and then stand. Happy Thanksgiving to you and Mrs. PP!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A VERY HAPPY THANKS GIVING TO YOU AND YOURS AS WELL!!

      Delete
  2. Just saw a yewtoob video by serpentza titled "China's Unstoppable Corn Raiders" that shows hordes of people overrunning farmers' fields grabbing anything remotely edible or useful. Scary.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment. We like comments. Sometimes we have even been known to feed Trolls.