Sunday, December 31, 2023

Mid Winter Sunday Reading


 

At least New Year is finally over. All the critters have survived another year and warm temps can begin to move in once again.  I have learned to never again divide my time between shelter and wood. Keeping up with the fuel usage is about to drive me over the edge this year honestly and all the new immigrants are using the new cut lumber faster than it can be stored or consumed it seems from the lumber yard.

It took almost half the month of December for them to get the Calendar straightened out just for December to be honest it was still listed as the 28the of December until the 25th and that snap snow storm we got through the end of the month didn't help any either. Mud has not been a part of the landscape around here so much in a while while it seems. Shearing season will be here before I know it.

I made it though Winter with 20 some bales of wrapped hay ready to feed plus looks like about that much ready to be turned into mulch. I am betting I won't even need half that. About April I will start looking for some new Hens and a rooster. The eagles seemed to have moved on though which is good for me. Just praying for a lack of wind damage this Spring I spent enough last year as it was.

No change to any of my new neighbor buildings yet. Cosmetically they look complete but none haved moved in that I can see. My bet  is they were fed a line about  A Democrat utopia of free money and got trapped with out enough to finish or even hire employees. 

Well another couple moths of cold weather and then it should start getting better again.


Keep Prepping Everyone!!!

 

 


5 comments:

  1. Want to wish you a New Year, happy or not will have to see... Kevin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A very happy new year to each of you as well!!!! Thanks for stopping bye!!!!

      Delete
  2. Happy new year PP

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And to you too!

      Delete
    2. Here's hoping 2024 will not be nearly as interesting as many seem to think it will be!

      Delete

Leave a comment. We like comments. Sometimes we have even been known to feed Trolls.