Tuesday, September 19, 2023

Tueday 9/19/2023 Another Day of AWU Strike

 

The strike may continue but the company is still finding plenty of vehicles to send my way regardless. Not sure where they are finding them but they left me 9 last night including a very pretty bright Orange Raptor 94 for 150K that I almost had the financed guy guilt tripped into buying. He is a huge Raptor fan so every time I passed by him I said it was too bad he didn't have a cool orange one. It almost worked but I felt bad so I stopped.

I had to move the sheep out of the East side pasture yesterday as I am out of dumping space for all the brush I have cut off these downed trees. Then this morning I was up before dawn waiting for it to lighten up enough to let the chickens out and standing there talking to Lilly. It was about 6:30 so I went in to get changed for work and Lilly who looked fine not 10 minutes before  decided it was time and laid down against the fence and died. After she ate the treat I had for her anyway. I didn't notice her until I was coming back out to get in the car and head off. 

I didn't like to do it but I had to leave her locked up in the paddock she was in until I got back home but I made a quick job of getting the vehicles sorted out and back home to take care of her remains. When I got back Roz was still waiting by the gate trying to get Lilly up to go out with her into the pasture.  Roz was still looking for her after I got her remains covered up way back where they were far enough away to not cause a problem. It's been almost a fell year since one of these Old girls passed on and the Book shows her as being 19 or 20 years old. There is some discrepancy with that but I know she was the oldest I had up till this morning.

I hope Roz survives the loneliness. I didn't even bother to count her off spring she had but it was a good amount before I retired her to pet status I know that. It still leaves me nine sheep to take care of and won't really change anything except to cut down the amount of time I spend looking when she gets lost. Lilly was deaf and pretty much blind the last few years and she was responsible for the Lilly rule where the gate to the big pasture stayed locked when there was snow on the ground until I found her.She blended in too well with the white snow

This last year especially I been needing to separate her and Roz from the rest in order to get them fed well enough as they refuse to fight for their spot.

Circle of Life I guess.


Keep Prepping Everyone!!!!


 

7 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry about Lilly. Hope you are doing ok.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh, I'm so sorry to hear about Lilly. I'm amazed that she lived to be that old. And poor Roz. I suspect it will be hard on her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Leigh - I actually am surprised to but she is not the last Roz is still here. I think if it wasn't for Roz Lilly wold have gotten herself in worse trouble getting completely last anyway.

      Delete
  3. I'm sorry. Lily was fortunate to have a retirement home, especially one where treats were given.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sbrgirl - I have always said animals around here come with a retirement account included, why I have resisted every attempt made to add cattle to this place. It's bad enough all they have to do is show up in the yard to make friends and the wife starts making abed for em.

      Delete
  4. Reading this entry was a bit sad: it's always painful saying good bye to our animals, but I found myself smiling warmly after reading it. I am grateful to have found your blog PP. You are a good man.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment. We like comments. Sometimes we have even been known to feed Trolls.