Wednesday, September 6, 2023

Dust Hasn't Setttled Yet

 

I can at least report that we went through another one day national holiday without being overwhelmed with single driver deliveries on holiday pay. We still got more than usual with Dearborn especially using the opportunity to deliver some full sized Bronco's and 2024 Mustangs they had laying around for god only knows why. They brought me enough that it took me two days to get it all caught up and then sure enough by this afternoon my favorite shipping terminal known as Wentzville Missouri started bringing the railroad drops. A lot of F150's which makes me wonder if they will all be out of gas so the drivers can claim "thats how the railroad brought em" 

The railroad uses so much gas running those trucks up and down the tracks don't ya know?

I cannot say yet what the Ford Big wigs have in mind. I have noticed so far this week a return to F150 deliveries and EV's again but I got news for someone we are out of room. Our dealership is gonna have to start renting out more space soon if this keeps up and they want to store these new vehicles. There are still plenty of hopeful buyers driving through and looking I will admit.

I just don't think this screwed up economy has been with us long enough to get a feel for things yet.

I will say if things keep up the way they did the last month or so I will have to look for a slower job but we are taking in next years stock in spades yet too. 

The wife asked me to drive her down to Dollar General this evening and since it was close to six o'clock I informed her I would not go near a "little Target" at that time. So she made me wait in the parking lot in the car but ya know I sat there for a long time Wife shopping of course and never once witnessed a side by side pulling in. That is unheard of.

At least on the home front the grass and weed growth is slowing down noticeably and I was able to get a little closer to the cleanup goal. I have to find a new area to dump limbs though as they are filling up fast there is still so much tree damage. I can now see where the goats and sheep are concentrating their eating so Winter garden prep is now just around the corner too. 

Maybe by next Spring I will have this place in somekind of order again.

 

Keep Prepping Everyone!!!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment. We like comments. Sometimes we have even been known to feed Trolls.