Thursday, September 7, 2023

Changes Everywhere!!!!


Not even the middle of September yet and I can at least tell all this work has not gone for nothing. Most of the grass is mown to where it needs to be and the growth has slowed down, I can actually walk around and into most of the garden area once again, and besides getting the chicken coop water tight again I found three of the emergency egg laying locations my three surviving hens have been using and got them cleaned out for daily checks so I don't get an old one by mistake. Still have one area that needs emptying tonight though.

One tree is off the barn which leaves only two trees left to cut up for Winter.

By golly it looks like I will have this clean up totally finished by October. Knock on wood.

I shoved peppers down the throats of everyone who begged me to start growing them until they pleaded for me to stop. Then I hid another load in their tool cabinets :) I still have a few Pepper plants alive and producing but I am letting everything die off now, The production even with the storms and damage proved more than sufficient for my survival goals and showed me the mistakes I need to work on more for next year. I still need to harvest and dry the beans and the Corn so I am waiting on those now before letting the goats back in to start clearing for next year.

Over the last few Months I also managed to forget all I had learned about using my GoPro so I need to start using it again now that things seem to be slowing down some.

In a way this Summer was exactly what I have been after for designing a garden able to keep on ticking during emergency situations with a bare minimum of inputs needed. Not that I had this planned but it worked out with the early drought, Tornado and constant rains plus copious amounts of Wind Damage. It would have went much better if I had tested those Dragon Egg cumbers more though. Stay tuned for at least two harvesting videos I need to make this Fall!!!

Now I need to stat browsing around for a new hen and Rooster to add to my flock I guess.


Keep Prepping Everyone!!!!



 

8 comments:

Leave a comment. We like comments. Sometimes we have even been known to feed Trolls.