Thursday, August 31, 2023

Same Ol Thursday

 

Well things have kinda fallen into a pattern these days that I expect to last for a long time. I am managing to keep up with the daily work and get something done on all the damages and surprises left over from this horrible Summer. By this weekend I expect to be left with only trees left to finish cutting up and hauling off branches. We will see how that goes but the estimation appears to be holding.

The transport companies did what I expected and drove around what looked to me to be four or five states to bring in every sold Bronco and  F150 Raptor they could lay there hands on then dropped em off for me last night. I had everything done by noon and then as expected nothing else was added so I have my fingers crossed for a three day weekend. Now taking bets!!!

Now I am not saying this is true but I have witnessed multiple car bloggers today mention that this sudden influx of cars from the big three is a hoped for repeat of last year. They are gathering everything they can in hopes of claiming some kind of new vehicle shortage to keep prices high during and after the AWU strike.

An interesting concept but wouldn't they need lenders in on it too? unless they are going to do their own financing I guess. 

Either way I am fine with it to be honest. I could use a couple months off after the last few years and the paid employee's ford is financing are mostly already dropping like flies. I can always find something someone thinks is super important to do, all I have to do is walk in the door. I have probably two months of minor repairs to work on around here regardless and have already purchased all the materials I think I will need to finish them. 

A money delay might effect how fast I can get my old truck fixed up. That is still an unknown. Or a another Direct Femocrat money grab of course. To pay something for their favored voters maybe.

Anyway the weather has just been so perfect recently and the complete lack of activity near the newly purchased areas across the road makes me smile so much I am just as ready to enjoy watching their greed crumble around them as I am cleaning up the storm damage.

I have managed to collect about a bucket of Tomatoes a day now, along with countless peppers to take to work So I am more than willing to claim my survival gardening techniques once again a success. I have also learned a good lesson about Dragon Egg cucumbers and deviating from no the cu cubit rule. Even the Brand New Tobacco plants survived the storms and regrew themselves and left blooms. The hummingbirds love em!!!!

My potatoes failed as usual and my corn saving technique failed too. More on all that later.

So far we are adapting so I guess we wll see what they throw at us next!!!!

 

Keep Prepping Everyone!!!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment. We like comments. Sometimes we have even been known to feed Trolls.