Sunday, February 12, 2023

Sunday Reading - Catch Up Time

 

I got a little behind the curve this week although it hasn't been especially busy it started raining on me Wednesday Afternoon and then most of the day on Thursday. We also have had a huge influx of new technicians the last few months which means the normally empty bay right outside my small cave of an office is now occupied.

When it starts raining on me I usually just stop work. I catch flak for this from my coworkers alot about being afraid to get wet yadda yadda... I just tell em I am a petite delicate flower  or something but the real reason is I have yet to actually figure out a way to get my cars checked in and keep my paperwork from falling apart when it is raining. That is and not take more time overall than if I just wait the rain out anyway. I have covered everything in waterproof map cases and then got the info etc. and did the work inside the vehicle. I can reduce the time issue if my alternate bay is open but the lighting is not really ideal and the younger mechanics these days are all snowflakes it seems so I have the extra time of opening and closing the door I always used to just leave open. So I have figured out if it is raining I just do all the paperwork and wait. Generally it stops soon enough and it all balances out in the end but occasionally starting in February to about mid May waiting can sometimes longer overall than just doing and dodging the rain drops.

This happen to be one of those rains. It got too heavy on Wednesday afternoon and then didn't really let up all day on Thursday and then even with a really slow day on Friday I still had to go in Saturday to catch up.   

Which put me behind on getting a few hay bales out (still not mandatory as they have one left) getting more wood split or other minor chores. I also got two old telephone poles dropped off alongside my fence as presents I need to get moved before someone hopes they are free and helps themselves. I knew they were coming, the electric guys asked me if I wanted them,  but I need to take the time to get em moved now or believe me someone will help themselves.

With a little luck I will be able to get em moved tomorrow without tearing up any wet ground tomorrow as Mondays are usually very slow at work right now. I am sure that will change in a few weeks only because my normal rotation of busy days seems to always be a bit off from a 7 day cycle. Right now the busy days are Tuesday thru Thursday but in a few weeks it could be Saturday thru Wednesday I have never figured it why it rotates it just does.

So we got a boring Sunday Reading. Seems all my old news haunts are now gone or behind paywalls of some such and I haven't found any good sites yet. If you know of any let me know in a reply seems everybody wants a kickback these days. 


Keep Prepping Everyone!!!!


 

1 comment:

  1. don't know what you like but youtube has 'duran' and 'redacted'
    they are news
    several i liked must now be paid and soc sec does not extend to such extras
    except for filthie my 2 faves are gone

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment. We like comments. Sometimes we have even been known to feed Trolls.