Sunday, January 15, 2023

Sunday Reading - Sorta

 

I am still swamped with work and I don't have any helpers either as we are still on scamdemic numbers as far as support people are concerned. Pretty much all of the first run 2023 models have been delivered already but what I am being bombarded with right now are old vehicles that were not delivered last year and fleet sales from dealerships that have went under for some reason or another and we have to service the slack.

My biggest PITA right now are deals made by a dealer group from over in Illinois that got shut down with a 10 Million plus law suit for you guessed it WAAAYCISM.  Apparently the fleet sales are still good though but I have to do all the staging and delivery paperwork though.

Half the stuff comes in UN-announced and is  just left in one of the parking lots for me to sort out and move or I will get a grab bag of vehicles made up of three or four final destinations that need to be parked and kept track of for when one of them finally gets around to wanting one or more of them.

Somebody is always wanting the space I end up using for something else too.

It's amazing how carefully I have to watch my weight now with all the miles I walk each day too. I just don't get. Getting old sucks.

It maybe the time of year but things are almost back to normal around The Small-Hold too. Traffic both here and in the smaller city nearby has fallen to a mere fraction of what it was. I am not sure if all the people left the area or if the cold and inflation is just keeping them hidden but I can actually get gas and food now without waiting in line for days locally. The drive into work and back home reminds me more of the devastation from the early O'bummer years (2009 to 2012) or the recent lock down traffic than what I experienced this last Summer with people literally everywhere in the way. I am also notice a whole lot of do it yourself moving going on on the highway. Again reflections of the O'Bummer days.

Nothing is stopping the construction next door though. 

On the chicken front I have not lost anymore birds. I now make it a point that when I feed the grain rotation chickens who remain get locked up or I don't go back inside.  This has meant chasing down that rooster many evenings in a row as he is still convinced his girls are alive and lost and he wants to go wait for them in the goat condo. That seems to finally be coming to an end though as the last two nights he has been in the coop with the last remaining hen by 4:30 or so.

No old age deaths to worry about but Lilly is starting to get thinner than I like and I still can't find a supply for the beet pulp needed to keep their weight up. I wish I could loan her some of my natural weight keeping talents I seem to get with old age.

It's been warm for Winter but kinda damp and not quite up warm enough to get me motivated on outside projects yet but wood use has been very light. The slightly longer days are also getting me dreaming about Spring too but I hope it doesn't bring all the import people back with it when it comes.

I am sure my schedule will begin to slow down soon and I can get back to more regular and thoughtful posts again. My impressions are the car companies are in a panic and trying to get everything delivered while they can before things get bad but that is just my guess.

 

Keep Prepping Everyone!!!!!

 

9 comments:

  1. Walmart ships for free beet pulp for horses

    https://www.walmart.com/ip/Standlee-Forage-Beet-Pulp-Pellets-for-Horses-40-Lb-Bag/324229591

    Several suppliers in Tractor Supply and such but not free, often oversized shipping fees.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Michael - Last I checked Tractor Supply told me it was not available, same with the new Orschlens but that has been a few months ago when they couldn't even get the normal bagged food. I haven't tried the specialty feed store in town but then again I haven't been there in a long time it may not still be there.

      Delete
  2. have read that stress will cause fat to stick to you so.....relax !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. deb - Less people period would remove a lot of my stress :)

      Delete
  3. Same up here PP. people that have jobs are maxxed right out…but I have never seen the job boards this bad. The hell of it is that it’s all self inflicted…

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Filthie - I don't even look anymore. I thought I still kinda cared about the world around me when I started blogging again but I realize I don't. I just hope I stay isolated from it as much as possible now really it seems. Things still get me worked up but I can ignore them as long as they let me these days.

      Delete
  4. Funny you mention having to watch your weight with all the running around you do. I've been noticing the same thing! According to ...the fitness watch... I walk between two and four miles a day, and climb 20-40 stories a day, with the "two" and the "20" being on SLOW days! ...And that's just during the workday! The weight wobbles a pound or so either way, but never trends downward! That's OK though. If the "powers that be" keep going the way they are, we'll ALL be on the "Venezuela Diet..."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pete - Ya my pound or two wobbles now seem more like 5 or more pounds. I will just pack it on if I eat like I used to no matter how much of the running and lifting I used to do. Oh well not like hawt women would notice me now anyway :)

      Delete
    2. These days, my idea of a HOT woman is one who can tolerate the thermostat at 65*!

      Delete

Leave a comment. We like comments. Sometimes we have even been known to feed Trolls.