Thursday, February 18, 2016
The Front Sheet Metal is Done
This is the old hood that wouldn't fit. I tried taking pictures of the new one I have all taped up but the shed was just too dark and they wouldn't come out.
I think besides my lack of spray control, which I might add I am making some progress in correcting, the part I dislike the most about repainting sheet metal is taping and covering the parts that shouldn't get paint on them. I find that step tedious and a real pain.
Anyway I taped up the gray and put a few coats on the red tonight. My lighting situation was poor and I am not able to get home from work early enough to really see what I am doing but we are scheduled for putting the sheet metal on Saturday. So no time for perfect conditions.
I just hope she comes out looking passingly good. Like 10 foot rule good kinda thing. As I said I am not going for a full restore here just brightening up her colors and getting rid of some rust. After she is back together I will still need to paint the rest of the frame, front rims and then figure out what I am going to do about her rusted out rear rims.
She won't be totally repainted until at least April or so at this rate.
But I should have her back and running this weekend.
Keep Prepping Everyone!!!!!!