Friday, March 1, 2013

Guess What? It's STILL Snowing





It has snowed everyday this week. To be fair they have been just flurries with no real accumulation on top of what we already had at any given time but overall I would say it has added at least another inch to the total. This entire week whenever I went out to load the furnace or work on the driveway or just looking out the window 8 out of 10 times it was snowing. Every evening just as the sun goes down we been getting another light dusting of the stuff. I cannot remember having this many consecutive days of snow before. Rain yes, but not snow.

We are still pretty much just hibernating because of it. The snow is deep enough to make any outside work next to impossible and it is just cold enough to keep me out of the shop for any length of time. I could fire up the heaters but dealing with the snow has almost shut down my motivation for anything else at least worth writing about. I did clean and do maintenance on my remaining FEW firearms though.

If the weather guys are right this little stretch of cold and snow should be breaking tomorrow and back up into the 50's and 60's next week. I hope they are right because I am ready to get back on some outside endeavors. I also am hoping to make a few more swarm traps for this year and I may need them to replace this Winter's lost hives.

No clue as to how the remaining Bees are doing yet. The hives are still in their Cold Weather ball and showing no signs of activity.

That's pretty much it. Still locked in a frozen, snow covered land. Spring can't get here soon enough.

Keep Prepping Everyone!!!


5 comments:

  1. Are you SURE you're not in Alaska?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Should be good news for your ground moisture when garden time rolls around...correct? Bet the girls have blankets tucked under their chins.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stephen - Snow usually doesn't have as much moisture but this was a wet snow. At any rate it can't hurt so the moisture part is welcome. Keeping me locked int he house or on the roads isn't s good though.

      Delete
  3. you're actually a excellent webmaster. The web site loading velocity is amazing. It sort of feels that you are doing any unique trick. Moreover, The contents are masterpiece. you have done a excellent process in this topic!

    My web site :: dota hack
    My site > dota hack

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment. We like comments. Sometimes we have even been known to feed Trolls.