Sunday, June 15, 2014

More Rain





Got some more rain this morning, about half an inch so far if you can trust my gauge and supposedly there is more coming. Typical rainy period even if it came a bit late this year. I wonder if it has been enough to get us above the "abnormally dry" listing yet on the drought monitor?

I got about 90% of the mowing finished and liberated another six Tomato plants from the weeds plus finished hauling the mulch for the Bush Beans. The bad part is my supply of roofing metal is almost gone, I think I have another two sheets or so, so I had to begin weeding the entire row instead of mowing the center. This took more time but the sheep loved it because I fed em an entire wheel barrow load of Red Root Pigweed. After clearing one row I had to stop and trellis up the Tomato plants I liberated since they were sprawling out all over the place. At least I am on the final stretch even though it is looking doubtful that I will be doing much today.

That little Bi%ch Sandwich got out again yesterday. She just ducks her head and goes right under that lighter electric wire so I was forced to put another low wire on the inner section of the fence. We will see if that keeps her in this time. The full sized sheep don't even bother to try and get out but this little dwarf model is a real pain. I put her back in the barn by herself which didn't make her very happy to say the least so maybe she will learn her lesson.

Nothing much else to do but wait and see how the rain develops today and hope I can get some more mulch hauled out. Another day or two and I should be completely done with 99% of the weeding for the rest of the Summer.

Oh ya the Pumpkin patch came up like gangbusters. I have hundreds and hundreds of little Pumpkin plants popped up all over the place. Going to be interesting to see how this little experiment progresses.

Keep Prepping Everyone!!!






9 comments:

  1. Rain, rain, and more rain here. If we get warmer temps this week our grass will take off like crazy. I for see mowing twice this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rob - I actually got a few things done today but had the sun come out it would have been a terrible sauna. It was barely bearable as it was.

      I will be mowing again by Wednesday just to fix the terrible job I did this weekend.

      Delete
  2. It is hard to do anything with rain but watch. You may want to sell that lamb to a petting zoo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sf - What annoys me most is when it stops and I go to get to work and it waits until I am just getting started and begins raining AGAIN. Oh how I hate that.

      Delete
  3. Storms here too. Two inches of rain yesterday. This morning I painted some parts of my current Coleman restoration. Fiddle-farterd around the rest of the morning. If storms move in later today, and they will, it'll be Kindle time for me. Take care, Bro.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hotter than hell here, all stormy and overcast, with high humidity. Not raining yet though. I am back from my jaunt to NC and staying inside where it's cool. I went by the flea market and I should have stopped off to see if that hand drill you want has materialized yet, but I was completely burned out.

      Delete
    2. Stephen and Harry - I got some stuff done. Even got a bit more weeding done and hauled three wheel barrow loads of mulch for the row I weeded yesterday. Most of today was actually doing family duty stuff really.

      Oh ya Stephen I asked my step dad and it was a no go on the .32x20 ammo. In fact he said he was looking for some himself now :)


      Harry - All good. Someday the right drill will have my name on it :)

      Delete
  4. PP,

    Darn rain!!! It sounds like you were very productive with weeding.

    Sandwich is a determined little thing, hopefully adding another line with deter her.

    We have pumpkins seedlings popping out of the ground too and watermelon seedlings. I hope you have a large harvest again this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sandy - So far it looks like it's going to be a good melon year but that can change before it's all said of done of course. The beans are not liking the wet and neither are the Tomatoes or Peppers. The peppers are most unhappy this year to say the least.

      Sandwich stayed in the fenced area all day today so I hope the third line works. Problem is I have to put it down so low it will ground out pretty quick.

      Delete

Leave a comment. We like comments. Sometimes we have even been known to feed Trolls.