Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Tractor Time : Case





Case farming equipment, like threshers, started way back in the mid 1800's. Supposedly they were building gas powered engines by 1895 but I have no idea what they were.

I see a number of old Small tractor Case machines still in operation all over the place but it has never been a brand I personally had much experience with.

Int he 1980's Case merged with International Harvester so the new models, like the good looking tractor above, now sport the Case IH logo.




Some nice lines on these tractors. Coming or going.


3 comments:

  1. Hey there Preppy,
    I have a 1974 David Brown 1210 that is an English version of the Case. A fine machine.
    A quick question if I may. What are you using in your swarm traps for "bait - Scent"?
    Take care,
    Dennis in Iowa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dennis - I put in some old comb. Usually a frame left over from a Winter dead out hive and add a Q-tip dipped in lemon grass oil about every two to three weeks.

      Sometimes I will wipe some oil outside the trap too as it will attract bees from a long way off. That way the scouts won't miss my trap :)

      Delete
  2. Those are nice tires on that tractor!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment. We like comments. Sometimes we have even been known to feed Trolls.