Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Foiled again

As I feared once the rain started it didn't want to stop. I got about two feet of one row of corn weeded until the rain once again made the garden too wet to walk in.  This time of year always sucks for keeping ahead of the weeds and then by the time you can get out there and deal with em they are out of control. Since I have much more time this year though I have managed to keep them down a  bit better and only the corn and bush beans really needs weeding bad right now.

The rain also pretty much ruined my grass clippings I was trying to dry out to finish up my mulching. Since the sun never came out they stayed wet and clumped up and once this rain hit they pretty much melted back into the lawn. At this rate I am never going to get all the clippings I need.

The ground is so saturated right now that at least one of my tomato plants is beginning to wilt. It seems we go from one extreme to the other anymore never just that right amount of anything. Not enough rain is still the worst but this too much stuff can be pretty bad as well.

I am really glad I had the time to jump on that one dry week we had back around the first part of May or otherwise the garden would have been completely out of the question this year. If I had to juggle all the mandatory overtime my previous employer always threw at us I would have never found the time to get even half of my projects done this year. The wonders of no debt and cutting your expenses to the bone really is paying off for me though I have never felt better to be honest, even though I have had to start watching what I eat for the first time in my life.

In other news the FBI released their yearly crime reports and guess what. Yep violent crimes are up especially in cities of 500K and larger. Up by 12.5% over 1211 and that is even with the Femocrat strongholds like Detroit and Chicago under reporting their crime to try and keep the sheeple asleep.

FBI releases Preliminary AnnualCrime Stats for 2012

Every day takes us one more step closer to the final break down. We haven't had a serious down step in our stairway to decline in a while but I can't help but wonder if maybe we did and the repercussions just haven't hit us as noticeably as other step downs.

In the end it will be so much easier to see what we missed to be sure. All we can do until then is...

Keep Prepping Everyone!!!!



2 comments:

  1. PP,

    Rain....rain.....go away, come back some other day!!!! Well my friend, here in the central Oklahoma areas our rain is pretty much gone for now. The weather people are expecting 30 percent rain on Saturday (which generally means nothing). The temperatures are starting to peak into the low 90's.

    I would love to be in your shoes having not debt. Hubby and I are working toward getting rid of what debt we have. We finally told our adult kids, they are on there own when it comes to dealing with emergencies relating to their vehicles.

    Good old FBI UCR Stat's....gotta love the under reporting of crime to make areas look good. Crime will continue to rise because you have more people unemployed and unable to feed their families and then of course you have your criminal element that really doesn't give a damn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sandy said much of what I thought. You're certainly getting a lot of rain...

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment. We like comments. Sometimes we have even been known to feed Trolls.