Sunday, March 20, 2016
First Day of Spring Equipment Update
I mentioned I was in a hurry Saturday morning to get the tractor out of the barn for shearing day and I couldn't get it to fire up. Well I should have went out and cut some more wood today but with the grass growing as it is and the fact that the tractor not starting bothering me I decided to get the equipment issues figured out instead.
On my way down to start in on the tractor I suddenly had a thought....
"Did I perchance shut the fuel line off on her since I knew she was going to be sitting so long while I worked on the hood and nose cone issues"?
Of course I would never do anything so stupid as to not check the fuel line. By some miraculous and divine intervention somehow the old girl fixed herself over night and fired right up on the first try. She is now back in her parking place inside the barn waiting for some nice calm, warm days so I can get the rest of her body work done.
I have no clue why she was being so temperamental yesterday morning. None at all.
The two riding mowers were a bit more stubborn. My older mower is going to need a new battery. The one that is in her won't take a charge for nothing and the engine has a sizeable oil leak somewhere. The newer mower took a bit of coaxing but after I finally got her fired up and let her run a bit seemed to be back in top condition.
So as it turns out I am sitting pretty good from the equipment standpoint now. Only one mower and one tractor that need some work. A new battery on the mower and I need to replace the exhaust manifold on the 850 I bought to use while I am restoring the 861. Everything else appears to be running fine although it's time for some oil and fluid maintenance on the log splitter when I am done with her this year too.
Looks like I am going to be mowing this week which will be the earliest I ever remember mowing to date.
Keep Prepping Everyone!!!!!!