Friday, October 4, 2013
Project Update - Well It Works
The first thing I did wrong was I made the frame to mount the pump on too high for the Wife. Of course if I had made it the right height for her I would have to sit down to work the pump myself. I quickly discovered it didn't matter anyway because there is absolutely no way the Mrs. is going to pump that thing long enough to get any water out of it. At least not enough to amount to anything so when it comes down to using it, it will be a one man job I imagine.
Still the thing works even if it is a bit tough to pump. After I get the outter skin put on and painted I think I am going to look for some kind of hook I can mount to the side under the pump to hold a bucket in place. The other thing I noticed was that the water down in that cistern STINKS.
The whole thing needs to be recirculated and flushed out but now at least I have the means of doing that. It was some dirty, dingy water to say the least. If we ever had to use it in an emergency it would need some good filtering and boiling besides, but at least it is there and accessible now.
If the rains hold off tomorrow I should be able to finish this project and hopefully get the lawn mowed one last time. I can't wait to scratch both those things off my list for this year.
Keep Prepping Everyone!!!