Saturday, September 14, 2013

Some Random Pics

 Now that I once again have both my monitors working and my photoshop software and my camera will download into my computer as well I need to start posting some photos I couldn't get to upload over the last few months.

Above is a picture of the Snowbabies when they were about 6 weeks old with mom. She was an excellent mother I have to say. As you can see in the photo those kittens were almost half her size at 6 weeks by 10 weeks they were almost as big as she is and pretty much buried her in kittens when it was nursing time.

Below is the Alpha Male of the litter while he and his sisters were playing King of the woodpile. He is the spittin image of his father too BTW. The neighbor came over and verified it. Probably the only reason his daddy is still walking around is because I was pretty sure he was the neighbor's cat so I stayed my hand, that and the damage was already done by the time I discovered who was responsible. The King's unofficial name is now Demon Kitten and let me tell you he is convinced he is bullet proof and in charge.



This last picture (for now) is a recent one of my ever growing pile of wood chips. It is literally one long pile about 20 yards long and 7 foot or so high. I have another one started now besides this one. The crews tell me they will be moving out of the area come Wednesday so this will be the last few days of wood chip deliveries.

After I see how much I got I can begin plans on what to do with all of it. The area it is sitting in will be the new fruit tree location after I am done finding projects for the excess.



More pictures to come later. Gotta load my virus software now.

Keep Prepping Everyone!!!


12 comments:

  1. We have 3 cats, all spoiled. The oldest Spooky was hand feed when we got him at like 3 or 4 weeks. He follows my youngest daughter around like a puppy. We are getting much needed rain. Our temp is 59. I may make hot coco. I'm chilled. But when your cool...what can I say. LOL. Have a good evening.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rob - No rain here. Theya re saying we may get some tomorrow but the temps have fallen some.

      Delete
  2. Those are some nice looking kitties, ours are black and white, I call them holstiens.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SF - We had a black and white tuxedo kitten in the second batch. He was gone immediately. His brother and sisters not so much.

      The second litter all got fixed this week and are now barn cats.

      Delete
  3. My daughter have a cat each, siblings, named Gracie & Alexandra ("Alex", of course). They're rather large - 12 & 13 lbs, respectively - 9 yrs old, and spoiled rotten.

    That pile of mulch makes my back hurt, just looking at the picture. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. RP - Most of those chips will be moved with the front loader on the Massy I hope.

      Delete
  4. Wow, that's alotta wood chips! I am most certainly jealous. Kitty horde is gonn'a eat you out of house and home. But if god is a cat, you're going to heaven. Otherwise, I think you're pretty much screwed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carolyn - the food requirements do concern me as a matter of fact.

      Delete
  5. Without a doubt, cats make THE BEST mothers. I still feel sad for holding one of my cat's kittens too long. When I laid it down, it was already looking odd and kind of sweaty. She carefully tended to it, but when it died she set it apart from the others. My stupidity killed the one HUGE baby that I was definitely going to keep.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LJ - Over the years I have seen a few cats that did not make very good mothers but by and large your statement is correct. This is the first litter of kittens I ever saw that were totally tame however and it shows. Most litters the mothers may like humans but still try and hide the babies which produces some semi-feral kittens. This litter thinks humans are care-givers.

      Delete
  6. Nice cats. I like the orange variety. Years ago I had two big orange Tom Cats. They were both killed by a snake. I know because I found them dead, and they each had twin puncture wounds about an inch apart on their chests and face. I think it was probably a big copperhead.

    Cats are good companions but aloof. They are more like people you know at work, they do their job and you do yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Harry - Ya there's alot of blonde and ginger in that group. For me cats are the perfect study in gender differences. The males cannot be trusted to stay out of harms way. The females are usually very predictable and can be allowed to roam unhindered but are usually very unsociable with each other yet will allow the males to come into their little territory. The real danger comes when you get a tom in the mix as he will usually kill the neutered males.

      Whats funny is having this little tom kitten running around. He doesn't realize yet that the other boy cats have no animosity towards him and all the females although fixed are nice to him because he is a male. He thinks he is just Mr. popular. The young female cats cannot get close to the other grown up females but they all play with the prince.

      Delete

Leave a comment. We like comments. Sometimes we have even been known to feed Trolls.