Saturday, July 29, 2023

Still Hiding!!!

 

As usual along with our daily heat attack it finally got around to sending us the daily thunderstorm too. As the rains slow down I run out and assess the damage which so far seems to be limited to the top half a BoxElder tree that used to be in the barn paddock but is now split evenly between the paddock and on top of the barn itself.

I sure hope I can pull it off there without doing any more damage to the roof  although I needed to repair that section soon anyway.

It's funny it can rain daily but the heat then ends up soaking up all the water and then killing a number of my plants before it goes down anyway. I have lost three cucumber plants and two pumpkins so far and from the view through the window now an emergency Corn harvest is also in order. I can see several new Tomatoes casualties as well.

At this point I am more interested in just seeing what I get and washing my hands of this year's season more than anything else it's been so bad. I cannot really blame any one thing either as we had had it all wind, drought, rain, heat. Usually all in the same day too with each extreme taking it's own casualty.

It has cooled down a good little bit this evening so there is that.

The real issue so far has been there hasn't been any break from this for weeks straight I think. It has certainly been hotter and more humid then this in the past but there have always been temperature drops and breaks more, not this constant extremes and everything is at it's breaking point it seems already too.

Oh well another tree to add to my firewood for Winter now!!!

This last half of Winter and the year so far reminds me of the old Hee-Haw song, "if it weren't for bad luck I would have no luck at all" Makes me afraid of what's coming my way this Winter for sure. I wonder if the entire house isn't gonna blow up and burn away at this point.

I guess my mowing plans are now moved to tomorrow at this point. I did have the fore site to secure the gas cans when I saw the clouds come screaming in from the West. The chickens managed to hide behind the compost pile.

I am just gonna tell Dorthy she is suppose to be 150 Miles West next time.

 

Keep Prepping Everyone!!! 

 

3 comments:

  1. there plans are proceeding well. control the food control the people.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Riverrider - Yes they think they are winning the resource wars but I think the Western tyrants maybe a bit delusional too yet!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment. We like comments. Sometimes we have even been known to feed Trolls.