Wednesday, May 10, 2023

Potatoes are planted and other tidbits.

 


I recovered from yesterday's fiasco fairly easily as I went in early today and got all the pictures and info in order than made sure the warranty clerk and I were 100% on the same page and double checked the damage codes so there would be no irregularities. Someone had "misplaced" the hard key inserts I had left inside the damaged trucks when I put them inside and unlocked (as the trucks were inside) in case it rained into the now open slots where the antenna(s) had been installed. I probably didn't need to but I could see some electronics down in the hole so I figured better safe than sorry. I should have locked em up inside or not, but when I started kinda making a bit of noise about the now missing hard keys they miraculously appeared right where they hadn't been a few minutes earlier somehow. 

Funny how that works ain't it?

I got another load in last night so it ended up being almost a full day which now puts me behind on the garden build but I got my potatoes planted and mulched in regardless this afternoon. Really I did it more than once as the new chickens came by to inspect my work so I had to fix their inspection scratches too. Also managed to get almost all the new mulch down for the melons as well. So far nothing of any importance coming in yet for tonight so I maybe off tomorrow but they are forecasting rain too.

I am still keeping up with the tentative schedule so I should be finished with the garden build the 20th. Unless it just constantly rains from now till then anyway.

I haven't had a chance to completely research yet but I am still confused by the jam up on ocean ships coming into US ports and how it jives (or doesn't) with the raising of rates and inflation continuing (something they usually say is not suppose to happen generally raising rates means less inflation unless there are other issues no one wants to admit too). There is a disconnect going on here and I kinda believe it has more to do with foreign nations releasing more US treasuries than are being admitted to or reported. Also it may be related to US internal freight squabbles that the government and lackeys are purposefully downplaying or not admitting too. Something is not balancing out at all with what I am seeing locally and between unemployment, fees, rates, backlogs, inflation etc. 

Add in the big deal now is that Saudi is playing games with the US stock market that adds some questions as why Saudi is now not only so big in anti-US BRIC stuff but just wanting to financially attack the US period. Did some one make things personal with the Saudi's recently? I have also seen in a couple of places that claim total US share of energy usage is down by almost 5% worldwide this year. I know ag land is down in total but some countries that should not be raising prices or having a shortage in certain production classes (like sugar for instance) are being blamed for shortages AND inflation.

I am close to thinking 90% of the financial crisis (as of NOW) is simply a convenient (mostly) Democrat government lie at this point to position us for even more of a man made/right swallowing crisis. Stay out of debt and wait and see is still my game plan going forward.

 

Keep Prepping Everyone!!!

 



2 comments:

  1. Over the last month or so I've been keeping an eye on a railroad siding filled with 40-foot container cars.

    It moved in the past few days, to a siding obscured by trees a little closer to Grand Rapids, probably to hide them when the leaves finally green-out.

    I've seen tanker cars, grain cars, ore cars, box cars, flat-beds, and various other rail cars seasonally parked in sidings, but until the last couple months never shipping container cars.

    It can't bode well when things that never happen start happening with greater frequency.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. MN - Interesting and insightful observation that!!!

      Delete

Leave a comment. We like comments. Sometimes we have even been known to feed Trolls.