Monday, May 22, 2023

Feels Like It's Getting Closer

 

It may just be my imagination but the time between paychecks for some people must be expanding a bit. I am not afraid to admit that I have a little less in my spending account this month considering the time it is on the monthly scale but that isn't what made me think of this topic really. What I have is more than what I would need for the rest of the month but my account did flag me as being lower than I had set as limit to make me aware of which got me thinking this morning about why.

First off I did not plug either of the main expenditures I have paid off the last two weeks in. I honestly was not expected to be paying for the shearing until June but my shearer admitted he was free this Sunday cause someone else had backed out of him. Secondly I also had set up  a time for the roofer to come by after the first for the small bit I needed him to fix and he had begged me to do it last week if I could possibly afford it. I could and did as he said he really needed the money before the first for himself and his family. No biggy but again a minor issue I had to squeeze in that made my on hand cash account fall a bit more than I usually allow it to.

There was also the unexpected vet bills for this new drop off cat but we actually have most of that budgeted in as a necessity since vet visits are not uncommon for us or should I say the wife she is pretty paranoid when it comes to her pets and will automatically take any stray animal to the vet when they show up. 

Just seems to me I am hearing almost everyone I have contact with complaining about being short this month. Usually in an off hand manner like one of the guys at work mentioning how long this pay period seems to be lasting, or a service writer complaining one of his customer's is giving him the run around about paying. That type of thing.

I also noticed one of the Vblogs I follow mentioning today that almost 78% of Americans are filing for some form of bankruptcy these days. Seems high to me but since I have been debt free since before 2000 not something I have much knowledge about to be honest. I have notice we once again are buried under finished work that has not been picked up promptly but I am used to seeing those types of memos close to EOM anyway. 

I will admit though this last two weeks of May seem to be dragging along I can deny that.


Keep Prepping Everyone!!!



6 comments:

  1. Yeah, I've noticed the same thing.... for lots of folks it's too much month left at the end of the money. I've been blessed in that regard and will leave that there as is. Not bragging, just very grateful. But nevertheless, time does seem to be dragging.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anon - I understand and was very lucky I was asked by my mom back in the 90's to just buy the place out for her otherwise I would have never been able to get the land I have I fear.

      Delete
  2. Sadly, I know of plenty of folks in the "Too much month" syndrome.

    Most can be identified by their I-phones and Starbucks coffee cups.

    Proverbs 13: 7 One person pretends to be rich, yet has nothing; another pretends to be poor, yet has great wealth.

    Waiting to get "Used too" Home brewed coffee and a less that infinite cell phone plan can find you without options when money gets REALLY Tight.

    Even at mu home, I've reduced the coffee scoops by one and we are "Used" to it now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Michael - I will admit I canceled my Premium Spotify account just this month and am taking a hard look at a few streaming services too.

      Delete
  3. I see a lot of people driving around in brand new cars where I live. Others are plunking down over $500K on tract houses on postage stamp lots. I'm retired military and have a decent-paying job, but thanks to Bidenflation there is PLENTY I used to be able to afford but can't anymore. My house is my only debt, and there's still no way I could afford a new vehicle! The folks in those new cars are akin to the person who has a hundred bucks left to his name, and lays the money down for lottery tickets. They're thinking "Any day now, and things will turn around." As for me, my financial wagons are circled, the same as many people I know. ...That's how depressions start...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pete - Ya I see the new cars at the local church with the food pantry alot myself. I am still betting there will be a bailout before campaigning gets very hot too.

      Delete

Leave a comment. We like comments. Sometimes we have even been known to feed Trolls.