Wednesday, April 12, 2023

More Confusion

 

Went out to dinner with my dad the other night and got to listen to him complain about how there is nowhere within 20 miles worth eating dinner at anymore, so many places are closing early due to help and employee issues or so they claim etc. or if a place is still opened after 5pm they are so packed with customers you can't even get in. I know he has taken to picking up my wife while I am at work to do his grocery shopping for him so he has stuff to cook in the evenings now and was also complaining much as I have lately about the lack of specific items that can no longer be found. Believe it or not we were able to find pastrami the other day but of course no solid pumpernickel or even a swirl bread to go with it. 

Honestly I have been so hard put getting things ready for Spring still that I barely have time to even look past what I am doing at the moment and I am still getting in more vehicles than anyone knows what to do with. As what seems usual the last month or so too they been coming in unannounced missing spare keys, sometimes no paper trail or sometimes when I go and run the VIN numbers they are not even yet showing up as actually produced from the factory yet.

I got six in yesterday and one of them doesn't even show as one of ours or any backstory at all so I made note of it and left it sit until the paperwork catches up to it. Then I finished the other five one that the customer had already been informed was ready to pick up before it had even arrived on my lot. Still everything was done and I had nothing coming in today until well after 2pm. Except three transports came by around noon while I was working on my second lawn mower (so I had a spare) and dropped nine more vehicles off without notifying anyone including me. Yet Ford still was able to call the one customer who had ordered one of these trucks to tell em it was already delivered and ready to be picked up before we even got it in or done a factory mandated pre-check. 

So I had to drop what I was doing and go in to get this one truck written up because the customer claimed he was leaving town tonight  and the whining little sales man wanted his commission. Propably the only one he is getting this month anyway.

I don't know what it causing all this confusion. I have never in my life seen so many people with no ability to wait for things to be finished in a proper manner anymore. People want something and they want it now.   I sit here at 8 pm and I still have no confirmation that these vehicles even came in today. No one seems to know what is going on but everyone wants to send something I guess.

For my own part at least I got most of the garden cleared out and should be able to get the trellis back in order and planting done by May. Seedlings are ready for starting and I got my back up mower running.  It's been a hectic Spring so far though let me tell you. Traffic does seem to be slowing down on commute but that hasn't been the way work has been yet. Still lots of vehicles being paid for at least.

 

Keep Prepping Everyone!!!!

 

 

2 comments:

  1. Isn't it bizzare? I have a friend that still does a lot of air travel and he says it is absolute murder... half the time your flight is cancelled at the last minute, and the other half the time your luggage goes to Timbuktoo while you are trying to get to Chicago. Luggage theft is now a huge problem too. The only thing I can come up with is that as our supply chains get ever more diverse and vibrant... the more they will come to resemble those in the third world....

    But whadda I know?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am amazed by the people around me whose biggest concern, in spite of all of the strange things going on, is planning their summer vacation. Meanwhile, I'm double checking lists of nuclear attack survival supplies.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment. We like comments. Sometimes we have even been known to feed Trolls.