Wednesday, November 23, 2022

More observable Cracks

 

With all the doom and gloom reports of the crash to come in the near future I can finally say I have observed my very first 100% confirmation that at least one part of the stories are in fact true.

Not going to go into any fine detail but MSRP or those thousands of dollar prices that have been tacked onto new vehicles for the last few years seem to be completely a thing of the past now, with a very few highly sought after exceptions anyway.  I personally witnessed a buyer actually negotiate the price of a Super Duty down by about 10K with no trouble at all just yesterday. Not only that but the sales manager smiled after the deal was done knowing he had at least made money or avoided flooring fees at least. I also had a delivery driver tell me he had made a few high end deliveries to a couple of dealerships who physically had no room to take deliveries and refused them.

I have heard of that sort of thing happening from time to time to a dealership stuck in a big city but it has been a few years since I have heard it being done. Perhaps they were just attempting to get out of the flooring fee or the driver could have been lying for all I know but it is interesting. I have also heard that new vehicle sales are getting so bad that the various auctions centers around the country physically have no vehicles to even run auctions with. Again a second hand story but according to my source they get most of their used vehicle sales due to Trade Ins for new although I always thought most of them came from car rental places changing out inventory. But what do I know?

My point is the often reported on crash in the new retail vehicle category does not seem to be a myth from my limited insider observations. Very obvious problems are now clearly popping up. Until this week I think pretty much everyone involved in sales were still in disbelief of an on coming crash, refused to even speak such sacrilege and were hoping it was all a lie and things would go back to the way it had been the last 2 or 3 years.

If it happens I have a feeling several salesmen which I will call "Sweet Summer Children" in reference to "Game of Thrones" are in for a very rude awakening. Since this CoVid scamdemic has started I have been amazed at just how easy many of these youngsters have had it but that is about to change like I hear is happening to many an easy money real estate areas as well.

One thing I can tell you for certain is the factories and companies are shipping everything they can out as fast as possible by whatever means of conveyance they can contract with. I am seeing at least two or three small time private contractors a day this week with no clue what protocols they are suppose to follow to drop off vehicles. Everyone seems to be in a fever pitch to get these vehicles out as fast as possible.

At least I am seeing some hard confirmation of what I have been reading that is coming or happening in other parts of the country for a change. For whatever it is worth.

Hope you all have a great Thanksgiving and I will post again tomorrow I am sure.

Keep Prepping Everyone!!!! I really need a day off.


15 comments:

  1. My neighbor is in heavy construction; a mason. His boss told him and his crew not to make any big purchases, and pinch pennies wherever possible, that there are no new contracts coming down the line. The boss said that he hasn't seen conditions like this in forty years. So you can add that to the mix...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pete - You are not the only one with observations like that. Far too many to ignore that is for sure. Seems people are still managing to buy houses out near me and they have not slowed on the multi-Month long excavating and pumping concrete near me yet but the for sale signs seem to be staying up longer now.

      Delete
    2. The WILDLY OVERPRICED houses out here in the Wild West are sitting and waiting. The "FOR SALE" signs are bleaching in the desert sun where before, the houses sold before the signs ever went up. "OPEN HOUSE" signs abound on the weekends as real estate agents try Bravo Sierra people into buying on the downswing. Lessee; high housing prices, high mortgage interest rates, high prices on everything, and wages stagnating. What could POSSIBLY go wrong here?... Anyone who can't see what's happening here is either too stoned or stupid to be allowed to hang onto their money!!!

      Delete
    3. Pete - Probably filled with Hopium and banking on more free government bailouts some how. I am thinking the madness of trying to buy votes while taking on a green movement will kill the free money and the hopium soon after unless they just let the inflation do it.

      Delete
  2. odd thing i heard on 'duran' on youtube, they said european companies are moving to usa. have not heard that anywhere else. what do you think? if so will there be jobs from this?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, when you consider that Europe is now collapsing under its own weight, and there is no voating your way out... Europe is a real bad place to be right now.
      North America will be soon too. I don't know what the answer is.

      Delete
    2. deb - I cannot say as far as jobs. If they can afford it they will always at least claim to be hiring but I can see how a European company would try and have a presence in the US. If it gets so bad they have to close there I think energy prices will remain cheaper here regardless. Not cheap mind you as we are used to but cheap compared to how high European prices can go I imagine.

      Delete
  3. I saw a OyTube the other day with that fella that does the Dirty Jobs TV shows. He was on Fox complaining that nobody wants to work these days. Contractors were bitching because they had jobs but no employees.

    From my go at the job boards... the wages are the pits, there is no security, and business owners are treating their people like dirt. If you have to use a vehicle to get to work, wages are so low now that you are basically trading four quarters for a buck. At least, that is the way it is here in Alberta where we are in deep recession.

    My attitude is to let it burn at this point. I am not working for free, and I will not be shamed by those that expect me to. They can work for free with my compliments.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. two [or more] sides to every coin

      Delete
    2. Filthie - My attitude is let the elite power burn to the ground but I doubt us normal God fearing types will ever allow civilization to burn completely it is in our nature to keep it alive as far as we have control over our local environment. Once the control the governments and their ilk have wanes things will get a lot better I think.

      Delete
    3. Exactly. We can’t run a country like this with clowns, perverts and grifters at the helm. We need to clean house in both our countries.

      Delete
    4. Filthie - I am thinking these days the clowns just won't survive anyway and cleaning will come no matter how the uninformed feel. Natural selection will do the work for us I hope :)

      Delete
  4. deb - Ain't that the truth. At least 2 I think usually. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. PP, if I had to make a bet (and I am not a betting man), I think Our Political And Social Betters (OPASB) will try and hold out at least through the Christmas Holiday. If they can hold out that long, they can "lay" it at the feet of the change in power in January.

    Houses are definitely slowing up where we leave as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. TB - I will admit back in 2016 that was one of my largest fears the Democrats would try and pull when Trump came in. I suspect we are so far gone at this point that as it happens no one will have much time to blame anyone or care who does so much as just survive. I honestly am beginning to think this is going to be so bad there will be no time left for politics for some time to come. Maybe it is just my age mellowing me out though?

      Delete

Leave a comment. We like comments. Sometimes we have even been known to feed Trolls.