Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Should have just stayed in Bed





Today was not a good day by any stretch of the imagination. I woke up this morning feeling rather smug with the fact I had managed to get all my Christmas shopping done last night and was only mildly concerned with the fact that I had overspent by about 100% in doing so.

I had just went over my online balances and determined that even though I had gotten carried away I wasn't going to be in too much pain financially for more than a couple of days. I was even beginning to feel a bit relieved and happy about Christmas and ready to enjoy it for a change. I flipped over and started catching up on some news articles and BAM....

My monitor died.

Not my little second monitor I use for odd and ends stuff... Nooooo... not the cheap one. It had to be my main monitor.

&^%%$%^^$##**

So a trip to town was called for. There goes my early financial recovery too.

Anyway by the time I got back, switched out the old monitor with the new one I was in such a sour mood I just went out and worked on cleaning my shop up again. It was a windy, cold, damp nasty day out anyway. So nothing prepping related went on around here today. In fact the entire day has been filled with little annoyances like batteries not charging properly, stuff not working. Must just be the cold and the damp doing it.

I think it's a good night to climb into bed early and sulk until dawn. Maybe we will get another hour or so of daylight tomorrow if it manages to break through the clouds for a change. I doubt it though.

Keep Prepping Everyone!!!


12 comments:

  1. Have a nice sleep tomorrow will be better.It could happen hang in there

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know the feeling. Just replaced a computer on it's last legs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. MV - I bet my computer is getting close as well. My other one actually blew up last year but I made do with my son's old one but it is on it's last legs.

      Delete
  3. That is annoying. I reckon that means one more Christmas gift to buy, a new monitor for yourself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Leigh - I already did that. I can't go without my computer unless the collapse kills the internet. Then I guess I will have to.

      Delete
  4. I just threw my old monitor in the trash yesterday, it was an old one and time to die so there was nothing to do but plug up another old used one that nobody wanted. We actually got sun yesterday for awhile and now in the 40s. I was hoping that it iwas friday but no.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sf - The one that blew up was an AOC and I have had it about 4 years I think. Wish it could have lasted a bit longer.

      Actually had sun here this morning for a while too. It was pretty nice.

      Delete
  5. Ouch. That's an ungood start to the day; hope things go better from this point forward.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. RP - Thanks for the wishes. As it turns out today was a much better day!!!

      Delete
  6. PP,

    You poor baby you, lol....... just teasing. When you don't expect it is when thing happen. I was able to find a great deal last year on a TV with a hook up into our computer. So instead of paying $100+ dollars on a computer screen, I paid less than $90 on a 32 inch TV screen to use as my monitor. Christmas deals at walmart....it pays to watch for them.

    This year hubby and I didn't shop for the holidays. It's going to be nice and quiet at home and we told all of our ADULT children were not buying gifts. We didn't buy them gifts last year either, just the grand babies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sandy - I thought about a TV hook up but didn't want to mess with looking for the right one and then finding the right cable.

      Luckily our Christmas gift giving was mostly taken care of early this year for allt he extended family. I am giving jars of honey in gift baskets with muffin mix this year.

      Delete

Leave a comment. We like comments. Sometimes we have even been known to feed Trolls.