Tuesday, April 8, 2014
The BeeSucker - 9000 SX
So I think I finally got all these last little problems figured out. Tomorrow morning at 8AM will be the true test but I was running around outside my shop sucking up house flies and then opening the top and checking to be sure they survived the great suckup.
I added a baffle device by splicing the main hose and attaching a flow valve off a T-connector on the side of the whole contraption. This way I can adjust it as needed due to conditions etc.
With the baffle completely closed it will collapse the five gallon bucket that is suppose to hold the bees but with the baffle open it sucked up those house flies just as easy as ya please and when I opened the top they all flew away rather irritated.
I also added a quarter inch of soft cork on the bottom of the catcher bucket and used a bit of my Number five hardware cloth to wrap a stand off screen around the PVC suction section that comes in from the main vacuum. Hopefully this will keep any bees from getting partially sucked into the PVC tube when the bucket get's full.
All together the entire contraption doesn't weigh a significant amount I ought to be able to tie it off on the top of my ladder and get the bees sucked up. I went by to check on them this afternoon and they are still all balled up there. It maybe too late to actually save them as long as they have been exposed but this was good cut out practice for me anyway.
Tomorrow is the big test....
Keep Prepping Everyone!!!!