Monday, November 26, 2012

I Know I am Behind

Sorry folks I missed Sunday reading and I didn't get a good post up today either. We had a death in the family and the funeral was this weekend which kinda put a damper on Thanksgiving and then yesterday I wrenched my right shoulder and neck putting away the last of the machinery for Winter after the last hay hauling expedition.

I am finding it very hard to actually type right now, it doesn't effect working just typing for some reason. I guess it is the angle and the particular muscle that got wrenched.

I also began Winter cleanout today. Temps are scheduled to go into the low 20's over night and got down below 30 last night so I know my poking around will be dangerous vermin free!!! Ya those snakes and spiders think they are all that when it comes to venom but a little cold snap shows em exactly who is the real top of the food chain around here.

My first target is an outbuilding that has been used as a old item dump for over 50 years. I am sorting stuff into useable items, non-useable and burnable/not burnable and scrap metal. I also found some neat gems including a mortar crate dated 1952 which contained some old picnic gear the wife grabbed up and an old coleman stove that I will take a picture of and have Stephen ID for me. I found an old disintegrating cardboard box that contained all my ROTC insignia and my first butter bars believe it or not. I thought they were gone forever but I remembered actually putting them on the cardboard backing they were still attached to in the box some mumble-mumble 20 something years ago. A flyfishing rod and a couple of cane poles still in their original wrappings unopened. An old trolling motor that still works and a 10 lb. brick of lead.

Anyway I am halfway finished with target one and already have more storage area than I know what to do with. I see more shelves being built this Winter and a large number of pots and gardening gear being moved out of my workshop where Mrs. PP keeps dumping it.

Keep Prepping Everyone!!!


8 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about your loss, and about your shoulder. Both will take time, but you knew that.

    Good luck with the projects.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Rev. Paul.

      The sad part for me was that I no longer have a family member I can count on for 100% political opinion support at family gatherings. Since most of the family have some sort of government job they outnumber us honest ones even more now.

      Delete
  2. I am sorry to hear about the loss in your family. Be careful with the shoulder, thats the kind of deal that can stick around for awhile if your not careful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Russ - It's mostly justa sore muscle today. Holding my hands over the keypad is about the only time i felt very much. Thanks :)

      Delete
  3. Condolences and hope you get well soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. K - Already feeling much better today. Got some more work done and loosened it right up :)

      Delete
  4. Please accept my heartfelt sympathy on the passing of your family member.

    Before we know it, winter is upon us. I wish you luck getting everything done you wish to accomplish before it becomes extremely to cold to do so. Take care of that shoulder and neck, keep it warm so the cold don't get to it. Get well soon my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sandy - Thank you for your kind words. I am not sure who I am going to give my questionable re-loading experiments to now as my relative was the one who was never afraid to try em out.

      All I got this afternoon is a sore muscle on the side of my neck so it wasn't a major injury. I should have known better than to try and pull that trailer by hand however.

      Delete

Leave a comment. We like comments. Sometimes we have even been known to feed Trolls.