Sunday, November 5, 2023

A change is in the Air

 

 
 

 


 Since it got cold I started on my seasonal seed saving. Tried to make a movie on it with the usual horrible results and finally just took a picture. My real goal is to finally figure out what I am doing wrong and get a companion video sight figured out with Rumple but apparently I am too inept to even get past that but I can still remove seed corn at least. At least that is still done the same way with no stupid changes.

I must say the corn I left standing has kept the goats fed and busy plus happy foraging for weeks now so I am going to add more corn production next year.  Without the corn patch they would have already swallowed up several round bales of hay easily but with the corn standing they don't even look sideways at the hay bales. Increased corn production will really stretch my water flow however so there is that to think about.

Work related I can tell things are shifting but I am unwilling to make a call on that for sure yet as they have fooled me several times already since this last Winter. It was super busy all Winter of course but seemed to slow down a lot by late Spring then just exploded this Summer again. For about 2 or 3 Months there it was Hell but now maybe slowing down again some, Maybe. Certainly the missing parts are beginning to ease some but I am still being bombarded with vehicles that for some reason were abandoned mid build and then finished and brought to me as an after thought at best. Adds hours to my time just with paperwork to say the least. The last week or so hasn't proven to me that is changing much but what has eased my pain lately in  a noticeable decrease in customers taking up all the space. The normal everyday "need it done now" customers are on the decrease but could be due to a multitude of reasons.

And of course we still have this renewed push for more tech. Ya know I went so far as to drag out one of my old keyboards the other day and measured it. It is now almost two full inches shorter than they used to be. Now I know why I have had so much trouble typing these days. One extra key per row now on the top and a different distance between keys across the board.

I get most everything done this week and could see light by Friday then went over to move the last three vehicles I had left which... wait for it... Were ALL Totally out of gas sitting there on my Lot. The truck driver (Again out of Wentzville) like I need to mention that just left em there in the way empty. Took me hours to find the OSHA approved gas can and by that time my arthritis was acting up so bad I just went home and took some Tylenol and called it a day.

I swear if I hear how much better AI is gonna improve things one more time my flash back to the 80's will be complete and I am gonna go out hunting Terminators.....

I swears its gonna take em 10 years just foe them to figure out all the new problems they created...


Keep Prepping Everyone!!!




4 comments:

  1. You give them 10 years to figure out all the new problems they're creating? That's generous. I figure they'll do what they always do and simply point the finger at something else.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Leigh - you are probably closer but I am thinking ii might be a matter of survival they have to get it answered or else, and do it fast for once.

      Delete
  2. You can grow corn??? Must be nice! I was just telling Deb this morn that the only guys that can grow corn up here in Alberta are sorcerers and magicians. The growing season is just too tight up here for that I think.

    Yes - get on Rumple!!! I am ticked right off at OyTube. I watched it on the Brave browser that filtered out all those &*(@# ads but they shut that down and want money in order to go ad free.... Screw them!!!! Bungholes!!!

    I may have to become a vlogger as well to publish my exploits and adventures too...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Filthy - I have noticed my ossues with Ypu Tube and the disappearance of so many other blogs I used to follow seemed to meh up with you tubes fight with ad blockers. I am just waiting to see how it works out.. Just call me wait and see PP anymore.

      Delete

Leave a comment. We like comments. Sometimes we have even been known to feed Trolls.