Tuesday, October 24, 2023


 With the Goat Condo out of the way I was able to start removing some of the downed trees and some smaller repairs I been putting off. I did discover that my aged electric chainsaw need replacing however so I am one the hunt for a more powerful one now. My original black and Decker in just not holding the charge like it used to. I had forgotten that I loaded a whole stack last year and left it under the wood stove so wood for heat is not at the top of my priority list as it was. My hand held saw  and chainsaws are still working fine but I want something a little less heavy for around the house quick cutting in my old age.

Didn't notice anyone running around in a panic due to yesterdays news but it was really slow at work today. Ever since last week when the UAW closed down the Kentucky plant things have seemed slower. I still had a load from this weekend do get done today although I would be happy with about 2 weeks of deadness right now to be honest I got it done Sill I have a lot of cleanup left from this horrible Summer of Storms regardless so down time is not unwelcome. 

I need to get to moving more hay for Winter forage for the sheep and chickens and early composting when Winter slows down. The new design and this years experiments will be coming soon too. I need to put more effort into my potatoes this year and revisit the sweet potatoes I think.


Keep Prepping Everyone!!!!



 

 

4 comments:

  1. PP, how long until the true impact of the strike is likely to hit you directly?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. TB - Good question, I think we won;t really ever know for sure because they are obviously playing sometyoe of game right now with it. Wether they are doing it long term what if kinda thing or it is planned is still unknown to me but they are not being safe with how much they are forcing on the dealers wither, so they believe it will all sell eventually.

      Delete
  2. Snow this morning in Central Oregon. Brisk 32 when I got up. I experimented with growing squash and pumpkins this year. Only got a few, but nice to know it can grow here even with our July frosts. I think next year I will stick with potatoes and maybe try the squash again. Garlic grows well here so need to get some in the ground asap. As for the idiot pilot, he had consumed psychedelic mushrooms a day before hadn't slept and was having a bad trip. Who had that on their bingo card?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Potatoes are my nemesis something bad always happens to them... I have good luck with Sweet Potatoes though!!

      Delete

Leave a comment. We like comments. Sometimes we have even been known to feed Trolls.