Tuesday, June 20, 2023

Resistance Starts with Culture Wars Part 1

 

I have never hidden my love of early fantasy and Sci-Fi novels from anyone or denied that I was a very early geek before it got fashionable. Hell growing up out in the sticks where we were lucky to sometimes get an extra television station out of St. Louis if the weather conditions were just right raising our total to three stations (OMG!!)  I often wondered how I ever managed to find out what fantasy was before I could drive. My family used to force me to watch Lawrence Welk on Winter nights as that or freezing outside were my only options. Someone gave me the "lord of the Rings" trilogy back in the late 60's which was my first exposure to the genre and my mother would sometimes work an RN shift at the University Hospital which as the 60's turned into the 70's and it being an innocent time and I could walk by myself anywhere, eventually I discovered a used book store and Comic book store was only a few short blocks away from the hospital.

At some point in the early 70's my retired Grandparents managed to convince my mother that it was much better for me to spend the Summer days at their house in the city rather than at a Comic book store and so I was once again sentenced to a mundane more or less boring childhood of entertainment until a New Hope grew. Star Wars was released.

The daytime viewing for Star Wars cost like 35 cents back then I think and I traveled the two blocks to the brand new cinema 4 theater twice a day during that Summer. I also found another new and used book store in this little city and consumed such titles as "The Chronicles of Amber", "Dragon Riders of Pern, Elfstones of Shanaara" Old Copies of "Conan" and the greats for the golden age of Sci FI too. From "High Crusade" to "Stranger in a Strange Land" followed by "Starship Troopers" then "Forever War" and then back to Elric and the Eternal Champion series" you name it. I continued to read em all right up through my time in the Army and even into the newer period of some of these later Writers like this closet Feminist GRR Martin guy. I did discover one of my favorite authors and stories in the 90's though called "the Wheel of Time" originally written and created by Robert Jordan.

It was the 90's when I first noticed the subtle Feminist creep into my old beloved stories. Suddenly Arwen replaced Glorfindel at the Ford of the Bruinen and 90lb girls could kick ass with the best of them. Sigourney Weaver wooping up on huge alien egg layers and Christy Ally as a Vulcan or the old Sara Conner crushing Arnold AI Robots were just not good enough for these early Liberal Feminist they not only had to replace the male heroes they had to ruin em first before claiming the roles. And then claim the new Mary Sue actresses were the first women in Fantasy. Say What?

This creep and demand plus debasement of all the old stories just continued. Nothing and no character was sacred but in some stories or franchises it took time. Later writers fell quickly like the afore mentioned GRR Martin but he was already lost when he started "Game of Thrones" in the early 90's. Peter Jackson already had the rights from Tolkien back in the 60's when his "mandatory" changes just to get funding were not even considered as possible. So the Lord of the Rings franchise had to bend the knee now with no caretaker as the rights were already gone and Christopher could do nothing.

Still it took time and the greed of such traitors like Stan Lee to keep the destruction ball rolling.

Soon Comic book sales were failing all over as Marvel under his watch turned old favorites into Female characters. At first the young male readers didn't care. I mean the old She-Hulk was a much more appealing character to look at than World Domination HULK was. And Darrel Manvers at first sometimes was portrayed as a pretty hot straight female. Sometimes. Marvel was saved from financial ruin by Disney and the real attack began. Any too Feminine character was removed faster than Dazzler could send up a flare.

After these attacks I had to watch as franchise after franchise was gobbled up and ruined. Also stemming from the success of  already infiltrated titles like "Game of Thrones" although early on few actually realized where that Male Feminist Hack writer was going before the end. Testing the waters soon lesser known franchises were gobbled up and relied on old fans to bring in the base as the anti-American, Anti-Male and also ANti-White writers and show runners destroyed these captive sagas slowly. At first.

"The Walking Dead" started out true to it's origin but by season 5 had replaced Men with lesbians and White characters with other races. etc.  Even invented a few I think and killed off others they couldn't change. The Movie version of the Hobbit had to add an Elf to Dwarf love interest, something that is impossible under true Tolkien lore. But there was no way the Feminist were going to let Human Men have that privilege in live action. My favorite all time Female Super Hero character fell about then as well when the "Deadpool" writers decided to switch her to black. 

This is a good time to mention that very few fans had problems with race adding but switching changed the perception of many characters needlessly. Domino is a good example as she was never considered a "White" Character to begin with. Writers, new owners and show runners of this period were not interested in continuity just attacking White fans. 

This is the point that most fans and others who had never been fans before finally realized these liberal type writers, producers, owners etc.  were not changing anything due to false feelings of inclusiveness or equality but they were only being moved by simple hatred. Hatred of anything that included White Men or true equality.

It took pop culture and old loved stories with an, until then, silent and asleep fan base to truly start the first resistance against decades of Government force and over reach. And man how the liberal feminist screamed as the first cries and accusations of their own racism were called out.

Part II coming tomorrow.


Keep Prepping Everyone!!!



 

3 comments:

  1. We are turds of a feather, PP. I am old enough to remember buying books new from the greats as they hit the shelves. I was a voracious reader. I liked the movies but didn’t care about them; the books were often better. Dad used to shake his head in disgust when I dragged books along to work in my lunchbox, or walked away from the family at the TV to go to my bedroom and read. I see the clapped-out, whored out ruin of SF and still mourn sometimes. Nowadays before I buy a book I research the author. I will not buy books written by women, queers or vibrants. Then I start reading reviews. I haven’t bought a book in years now. All the other genres are actively pushing faggotry, feminism, Marxism or other liberal hobby horses too now.

    But…I think all this race/gender swapping PC crap is not the disease, PP…I think they’re symptoms of the disease: good stories require good writers that are inspired. Our authors today learned to write in “work shops”. Even if their content isn’t pozzed…they are just boring hacks writing crap that is derivative and formulaic with themes and plots we’ve seen 100 times before. Not mentioning any names…but the blogging indie published authors come to mind. I dunno how many times I read Starship Troopers with the names changed and the plot slightly tweaked… they’re a waste of time and money.

    Errrr…it bears mentioning that WL Emery is the only blogging author that (IMHO) can actually write. It really is a truism…for every novel he writes… the other blogging authors will crap out 5 or more stinkers that aren’t worth the paper or electrons they’re printed on.

    Mundane, Uninspired, unhappy people don’t or can’t write good stories. I think that is the disease that has us right now. It’s a product of our culture as it ever more frantically seeks happiness…and only finds more misery in sexual perversion, hateful ideology and greed. Perhaps part of your preps should include a small but complete library of the great works…

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Filthy - I agree but I also wonder how much is done despite of the old stories and as nothing more than an attack out of envy. Regardless they are paying now I think.

      Delete

Leave a comment. We like comments. Sometimes we have even been known to feed Trolls.