Thursday, December 1, 2022

A Change of Plans Perhaps?

 


Anyone remember the above pic of the new large gravel parking lot and building foundation going in across from my little farm? 

For about the last 2 or more months now there have been people over there pouring concrete and carrying on almost everyday but starting a few weeks back there is a whole new crew of a dozen dump trucks and the Lord only knows what else that shows up a few hours after night fall and begins doing all sorts of things. Sometimes they use big lights, sometimes just line up their trucks in a row with flood lights on em. Last two nights they have been doing something so loud that it shakes my house and drives the animals crazy. Last night my dog thought someone was knocking on my door...From 2AM until sometime after 4AM.

This is what it looks like now.


It looks to me like the foundation they had dug on the left was filled back in on three sides and they have now added to what they had and made a new foundation ditch which is about four times larger than the original. Now they have poured a slab in four parts. I still do not see any type of water trench or sewer but it is pretty clear that whatever they started building is not what they are planning on finishing.

This added with the sudden switch to middle of the night construction has me wondering if there isn't some shady switch-a-roo thing going on or they are trying to hide something. Seems strange but I have no clue if there is anyway to check on such a project in my county. Tell ya the truth this type of thing is not only totally outside my experience so is being this near to any type of construction this large regardless.

Also someone came over and cut along my fence to put out their little markers and ran into my corner post and snapped it off at ground level. I put a temporary t-post in it to keep it solid until Spring when I can replace it but it still kinda irks me a bit. Getting full dark out there now and I can already hear the night shift trucks coming in over there.

Keep Prepping Everyone!!!


10 comments:

  1. They should be on their knees at gunpoint blinded by very bright tactical type lights in the dark, 'splainin' in great detail just exactly what the fuck they are doing.

    But that's just me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glypto - If only. The night they turned the big highway work flood lights on I really wanted too uhmmm nevermind.

      Delete
  2. doesn't the county issue permits? could the county clerk tell you?
    also ask sheriff to keep the peace at night, he needs to know what is going on in his bailiwick

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. deb - No my county has no building permits at all in unincorporated areas. Only if you cross road with utilities. There are some seriously restrictive sewer regulations but I don't think they are up to that point yet. I can not find an answer on the noise issue in unincorporated areas though.

      Delete
  3. You might attack it from another angle. Out here in the Wild West, that kind of work isn't permitted before 7:00am. You might try filing a noise complaint.

    That almost looks like a parking lot and a slab for a building. I'm really curious as to why they'd be working at night, given that most trades charge more for after-hours work. ...They're hiding something, hoping that by the time they're found out, things will be too far along to stop...

    MAKE.NOISE!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pete - I know there are no building permits needed in my county outside of a very few (like 4) towns. I am not so sure about noise issues but last night they didn't make any noise and it seemed only about 3 guys were over there on those ride on top concrete floor scraper/fan things. They did have their big flood lights on though. I am convinced you are right though that something is being done clandestine and I am sure it has something to do with a county/tax agreement for what they are wanting to put over there but if it is simply a parking lot with a big storage building and not some type of work facility I am ok with that as it will give me a buffer when/if more houses go in around here. Maybe/Kinda. But ya they had a footing about 1/4 of that size dug and rebarred then made a sudden switch and pumped concrete for about 2 days to pour that big slab.

      Delete
  4. Would be a sad situation if somehow a box of decking screws got dropped over there.

    A waste of good screws that is. Just saying.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Michael - Ya would piss off some dump truck drivers and all those tracked vehicle guys would laugh and they are the ones that should be inconvenienced. The most anyway imo. Would be sad if things get so bad that whole operation becomes useless though :)

      Delete
  5. A snapped post Irks you? I think you should visit the project engineer and let him know. And tell him when it needs to be done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Justin - I see your point but ya I don't get to worked up about things like that. I cannot imagine any one doing it on purpose and that post has been in there a while it might have been getting bad anyway. Prolly wasn't the work crew that did it as I am betting it was the new land owner who came over on it mower and did it after he called the utility company to flag the lines. At least that is how it was done when I put a new fence in over there I called and some guys showed up and marked everything out so I wouldn't auger through them when I dug in the post holes.

      Delete

Leave a comment. We like comments. Sometimes we have even been known to feed Trolls.