Sunday, November 6, 2022

Sunday Reading - Ramblings in the Dark

 

Went out and did a couple of night checks last night. This time I was armed just in case. I knew all was well the minute I walked out onto the porch though as Houdini the lead goat was lounging on top of her condo without a care in the world. 

As many have seen we only have three little pygmy or dwarf goats. They are not large and they are not brave unless they have a fence protecting them. Houdini especially seems to know that she is potential food for most things and she has the eyes of an eagle for spotting potential predators that come anywhere with eyesight range, Day or night. If I look out and she is calm it's a pretty good bet all is well. Only time she seems content is if I am right there with her though. If I go into their area she will put her head on the outside of my leg and attempt to stay there usually.

It's a pretty dramatic change from when the Wife first bought her too. You could tell that goat had never gotten any real human interaction. Not that she was abused by any stretch she just had never learned any type of trust or associated humans with treats or pets etc. It took a while to get her to warm up but now she  is little more than a petting zoo puppy IMO.

As I was sneaking around the out buildings a thought occurred to me last night that the political and foreign situation we are facing is probably a lot like the same feeling many Men had as the civil war was forming up some 150+ years ago. On the domestic level I mean.

I can almost imagine many old guys who had spent many a year serving in militia units or even junior grade positions in the smaller military campaigns or show of force encampments from the first half of the 1800's even aside from the Mexican American War. Needed so badly one year than cast aside the next but never forgetting their oaths or history now forced to choose. 

With the current crisis in the Ukraine and the saber rattling from Russia and their hidden ally BRICK nations obviously set to explode worldwide the situation is dire. To make it worse we have a tyrannical type false Democrat leading as badly as can be imagined and frankly I totally disagree with it all and that places me in a position that I am not sure where my loyalties would lie completely.

Not that it matters much at my age but I can see how many of these old leaders contemplated it to no end and finally transferred most it to loyalty to their States as they did.  

I don't think many American Men have had to choose like that before but those of us today may have to. 

Anyway just some thoughts while keeping watch some will understand I am sure.

 

Keep Prepping Everyone!!!!

 

 

2 comments:

  1. As a retired military vet, I've mulled over this question of loyalty and choices quite often in recent years. My loyalty is to the Constitution. My loyalty is to the CONCEPT of America. It is not to politicians. In my eyes, our current "leadership" is treasonous. If an internal conflict does arise, I wonder just how many of our servicemen and women would take an order from the likes of Biden to turn their weapons against the very people they've sworn to protect. I have a feeling that this is one reason the military can't meet its recruitment quotas. No one wants to be put in that position! Biden says "We have guns. We have F16's. We have nukes" when talking about possible "insurrection." Trouble is, he's lost the heart of America. I believe there is a better chance our military will turn its guns on the likes of Biden before turning them on us...

    ...One can only wonder what will happen... and be ready for what does...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pete - That is a good take on it and one I share although I do wonder what I would do if say my State went Fed and anti Constitution although I do not think that would happen. Even a few years ago I would have moved not sure I can do that now. Twenty years ago I would have said no way the military would turn on American civilians. Since Obummers purge I can't say I know for sure. OBiteMe well he is simply too incompetent to be a CnC and even if I was still directly under oath I would not consider it applicable in his case.

      Delete

Leave a comment. We like comments. Sometimes we have even been known to feed Trolls.